Apple Watches – Tips, Tricks and speculations about Apple Watch 2
We all are aware of the latest product released by the prestigious company Apple – It’s the Apple watch. What do we use a watch for? – Obviously for keeping a note of time. But an Apple watch can serve purposes much more than that. People use Apple watches to plan their activities, to measure heart rate, to make/receive phone calls, to send messages, to pay their bills with Apple Pay, as a remote, to listen to music/podcasts and many more. Announced on September 9, 2014 by Tim Cook first version of Apple Watch started selling on April24, 2015. They sold about 4.2 million smart watches in the second quarter of 2015 becoming the best selling wearable device at that time. Next version of Apple Watch, Apple Watch 2 is expected to release by September 2016.
20 Tips and tricks of Apple Watches
Here I am going to discuss some important tips and tricks associated with an Apple Watch:
• Want to take a screenshot? – Press the digital crown button and power button together. This would appear in your iPhone gallery.
• What to do if your apple watch is not responding? – Hold the power button and the digital crown pressed for about 10 seconds, your apple watch will reset and restart accordingly.
• What to do if an app is not responding? – You need not do hard reset always for your apple watch. If a particular app is not responding, then hold the power button which will open up the menu. Hold it once again till the app closes. Now you can open it again fresh.
• There is a short cut to open Apple pay – Double tapping the power button gets you to Apple pay.
• Double tapping the crown gets you to the last application you were using.
• How to locate your misplaced iPhone? – Go to the clock view. Slide up for options. There is an option with an iPhone symbol. Pressing that option will make your iPhone ring helping you to locate your iPhone.
• There is an additional feature which most people are not aware of. If you keep on holding that option with iPhone symbol, your iPhone will start ringing with a flash. So that you can easily locate your iPhone even if the room is dark.
• Most people are confused about how to get new message option in an apple watch. For this go to the messages application, force click on the initial screen and you gets the new message option.
• You can send your location to your friends in between a conversation. For this, force click on the conversation screen and then send location option will appear.
• How to quickly lock your apple watch? – Where ever you are in your Apple watch, placing your hand on top of the Apple watch locks your Apple watch and you will be in your clock face. This helps you to easily exit from different apps.
• By force touching your clock face, you can customize your clock face. You can change the colour, the amount of information and many more.
• Silencing a call is super easy with your Apple watch. Just place your hand on top of the watch and the phone goes silent. It does not disconnect the call but only silences it just like pressing the power button of your iPhone.
• When there is an incoming call in your Apple watch, slide up the incoming call screen for two extra options – Send a message, answer on iPhone.
• Power button of your Apple watch can be used as the shutter button for your iPhone camera.
• You can change the colour of an emoticon by just force touching it.
• When you are in the clock face, you could see a red dot. Most people don’t know what it signifies. It simply means that you have notifications.
• Now let us discuss some battery saving tips – Always use dark clock faces to save battery.
• You can turn on power saving mode for ‘Workout’, so that Apple watch could conserve battery by disabling the heart rate sensor. My Watch > Workout.
• There are two options ‘Reduce Motion’ and ‘Reduce Transparency’ which when enabled would increase your battery life. My Watch > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion, Reduce Transparency.
• Finally there is a last resort to save battery called ‘Grayscale’ which turns your Apple Watch black and white. My Watch > General > Accessibility > Grayscale.
Launch of Apple Watch 2
According to early reports this model is going to acquire 40 percent of the luxury watch market by 2020. Next version of Apple Watch, Apple Watch 2 is expected for release by September 2016. The OS for the same watchOS 2 was released last September along with iPhone 6. Apple Watch 2 is expected to be 40% thinner in size than the initial version. Apple is expected to release five different models of Apple watch 2 – Apple Watch 2 Sport, Apple Watch ‘X’, Apple Watch 2, Apple Watch 2 ‘Design’, Apple Watch 2 Edition. Just like the previous version two different screen sizes – 38 mm and 42 mm would be available for all the models. The price would vary from 300 Euro to 16000 Euro.
Design features like Digital Crown, Taptic Engine and Force Touch sensor were introduced with the previous version of Apple Watch. Digital Crown and Taptic Engine are likely to remain mostly same in the yet to be released Apple Watch 2. But Apple Watch 2 is expected to have 3D touch technology instead of the Force Touch feature. Apple Watch 1 needed an iPhone running iOS 8.2 or more in order to work. This would be same for Apple Watch 2 also. But Apple watch 2 is expected to have a lesser dependency on iPhone.
Another important attraction of Apple watches is the large number of apps available to cater to health and fitness, travel, business, Social media and many more. More attractive apps are expected to come along with Apple Watch 2. Apple pay feature of Apple watches is expected to have a bright future. So that would be maintained as a prime feature in Apple Watch 2. Regarding battery life an increment from the current battery life of 18 hours is expected with Apple Watch 2.
With Apple watch 2 expected to get released in a matter of few months, Apple fans around the world are curious to find out how successful it will be in the market. Apple Watch 2 is expected to provide an increased battery life and a greater independence from the iPhone. Apart from these, features like 3D touch and a wider price range could attract more customers.