Here basically we will see how to apply passport using passport seva application.
A few years ago, applying for the passport is a bit difficult. As we don’t have enough information like documents required, process and many more for applying for the new passport.
But it’s not the case now; technology has improved a lot over many years. So now asking, registration, creating bank accounts has become so comfortable that we can complete the work within minutes.
The launch of New mPassport Seva application.
The mPassport application was officially launched by our external Affair Minister Sushma Swaraj on 26-Jun-2018.
The main aim is to make the process of applying for the passport hasslefree. So, now you can apply for the passport anywhere in India. The application is available on both Android and iOS devices, and it has more than 1 Million downloads till now.
Services available in Passport Seva Application.
1) From this Application, you can Initiate the process for the passport.
2) You can schedule appointments for an accruing passport.
3) It doesn’t require any computer or printer in the whole process.
4) So in the process of applying you can choose the RPO( Reginal Passport Office). Thus, the desired passport seva Kendra (PSK)/Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSK) under the RPO where they wish to submit.
5) Irrespective of your current place of residence, you can choose the RPO and PSK or while submitting an application. This means, for instance, if you are initially from Kolkata, but residing in Jaipur, you can apply for a passport from the former city(A forwarding address is an address that you give to someone when you go and live somewhere else so that they can send your mail on to you. The former owner had not left any forwarding address).
6) You can even track the status of the passport.
7) The required documents which you need for applying for the passport is also available.
How to apply for the passport through Passport Seva Mobile application
- Download the mPassport seva from PlayStore or AppStore.
2) For applying for the new passport, you need click on ” New user? Register now”
3) You can also download Annexures/affidavits(Forms) required in the process.
4) In ” New User/Register now” window you need to enter your basic details like email id and passcode, Name, residential address, date of birth.
5) Once you do that, you will receive confirmation to the email which you have provided earlier.
6) After confirmation, open the app again and click on “Login as an existing user”.
7) Now, you will be able to see the option ” Apply for the fresh Passport “
8) Once you have done that, fill in the state and city where you’re currently residing at and select the options accordingly.
9) Now you need to fill out another form which requires your in-depth details.
10) And then fill your present residential details. If your permanent address is not as same as present address then select ” No “.
11) Then you need to select the proof of birth and proof of residence. ( Birth certificate is not mandatory)
12) Next, you need to choose the Annexures you need to submit.
13) After that, save and require fees and submit your form.
14) Then you can book an appointment for the nearest PSK.
15) Further, you can apply for a Police clearance certificate and track your status using your file no and DOB.