We all know that YouTube newly launched its YouTube Music and YouTube Premium in India with a price of 99 and 129 respectively.
With observing less reach and sales, YouTube India decided to come up with a new pricing strategy in which you can pay the amount in advance and use the products without any subscription.
Google new pricing Strategy
There’s no difference in pricing or that YouTube is giving more resources at the same cost. It’s just a marketing gimmick that YouTube is trying to gain sales.
If you don’t remind, YouTube music offers free music with a closing window and YouTube Premium offers Ad-free experience and you can also get all the features included in YouTube Music.
With the prepaid plan, If users want to purchase YouTube Music which costs Rs. 99 they can opt for Prepaid option in which you can select the tenure of 1 or 3 months.
In prepaid option, Rs. 99 will be debited from your account and you can enjoy YouTube music for a month and later you won’t get deducted for another month as it does in the subscription.
By this, even if you forget regarding the purchase, you won’t be charged for the next month.
Pricing of Pre-paid plan and Subscription plan
Pricing of YouTube Music for Pre-paid users
- It costs you Rs. 109 per month if you select the plan under a pre-paid option.
- With the student’s plan, you can get it for Rs. 79 per month
- You can avail the family plan at Rs.189.
- If you go with the 3-month plan you will be charged Rs. 309.
Premium plans for Pre-paid users
- For YouTube Premium, it costs you Rs. 139 and Rs. 399 for three months.
Pricing Plans for Subscription Plan for YouTube Music
- In this plan you will get YouTube Music for Rs.99 and for students it will cost you Rs.59.
- With the family plan, it covers up to five members which will cost you Rs. 149.
Pricing Plans for Subscription Plan for YouTube Premium
- In this plan you will get YouTube Music for Rs.129 and for students it will cost you Rs.79.
- With the family plan, it covers up to five members which will cost you Rs. 189.
When you compare both the plans, you can see a price increase in pre-paid plans compared to the subscription.
It is because people generally don’t care much when they purchased the subscription and at the same time they won’t care much about the renewal of the plan.