Though the status of the booking might show you confirmed in respective with the PNR status. Still, many people will check the reservation chart before boarding.
If you’re the one who checks the chart every time you go by train, where there is a quick update from Indian Railways.
The new feature from Indian Railways.
The Indian railways have started showing the reservation chart online and every user can access it.
With the help of this feature, users can get the updated information on vacant, booked and partially booked train berths.
Moreover, the information is displayed after the preparation of the char and can be seen directly from your smartphone.
Railway Minister Piyush goyal Tweet
Hassle-Free Train Travel: Passengers can now access information on vacant, booked and partially booked train berths after preparation of the reservation chart, at the click of a button.”
Get to know about the vacant berths
Along with this, the chart allows you to check any vacant berths available on the train.
By this, any adjustment can be taken place instead of asking to the TC.
The new feature from Indian Railways is available in Web and mobile versions of IRCTC.
The new setting
The revised interface will provide a layout of nine classes used in the trains of the Indian Railways and more than 120 different coach layouts have been incorporated.
How to Check the reservation chart from the IRCTC website
- Login to the IRCTC website.
- There you will see the ” Charts/Vacancy ” option is available.
- After clicking on that option, you will be redirected to the new page.
- On that page, you will need to enter details like Train Number, Journey date and boarding station.
- After entering the details, click on the ” Get Train Chart” option.
- Next, there you will be able to see the reservation chart.
- Along with that, you can see the class-wise number of vacant berths can be seen.
- To see the layout, click on the coach number.