Having complete functionality and features can sometimes be a problem for many users. Based upon the technicality, the company needs to impose rules which can safeguard user privacy.
Recently, Instagram had taken a bold step in hiding the follower’s activity in which you cannot see your follower’s activity.
Even Instagram had tried out hiding likes and the process is currently in testing with some users.
WhatsApp Groups update
WhatsApp groups are a great source to connect with your family and friends and at the same time, it can be annoying if used for any promotional activity.
It is quite commonly seen, random companies do add all of them under a group for promotional offers and other stuff.
At moment privacy
At present, anyone can add your number to any group without your permission and it is a bit of privacy concern.
WhatsApp thought to add the extra layer of protection to safeguard anonymous users adding you to a random WhatsApp group.
New group privacy settings are available for both Android and iOS platforms. Check out the process to enable the latest privacy update.
Add Group privacy settings on your Android Smartphone
- Open WhatsApp on your Android phone and tap on the triple vertical dots placed on the top-right corner.
- After that, click on Settings > Account > Privacy
- Go through the ” Groups ” options and select your desired option based on your preference.
- You will get to see three options one is ” Everyone in which anyone can add you to any group.
- Selecting ” My contacts “ will only allow your saved contacts to add you to any group.
- At last, you will get the option of ” My contacts Except ” in which you are allowing selected contacts to add you to WhatsApp groups.
- The selected people will be promoted to send you the group invite through a private chat and within three days you need to accept or deny the request.
The same settings go with Apple devices
- Tap on Settings on your iPhone.
- Navigate to accounts > Privacy > Groups.
- To the next of that, you will get to see the three options and you can select from Everyone, My Contacts, and My Contacts Except.
These steps, especially to the widely used application, make much more difference to the users.