Unsubscribe all unwanted Newsletters from Google and outlook
The annoying things which we face while checking emails are promotional emails and unwanted Newsletters.
Before proceeding, By following these steps you will get rid of unwanted emails.
Most of the time, while creating the account on any website. Bottom of the page you will see ” Would you like to receive promotional emails” and the box is checked by default in some websites. So you need to uncheck the box.
However promotional emails are not so necessary because those promotions can be known even by visiting the company’s website.
By following the above step, your email address will be stored in company’s database but you won’t get any promotional emails from their side.
If you make a purchase or made any necessary changes regarding your profile you will be getting an email regarding changes and receipts for the payment which you made.
When you register your email in another website which offers free services. For example… If you visit way2sms.com which offers free messaging.
In this website, there is no need of giving your original email address as without email verification you can use it for free.
So enter any random email address, if not you will receive promotional emails like these.
Why do you need to get rid of promotional emails?
Mostly promotional emails consist of the sale of products at very low prices. The mentioned prices are really accurate? Have you ever noticed?
I will share an example of GoDaddy.
Here you can see SSL certificate is priced at Rs.389.00/year.
But when you add to cart the original price with discount is priced at Rs. 2988/year.
See the price difference of Rs. 2599/- which is very high. So here, simply their aim is to force us to click their promotional link which will be not true in most of the cases.
How to unsubscribe Newsletters.
You have two ways to unsubscribe from Newsletters.
Unsubscribe with tools.
- Here you need to open the newsletter.
- Bottom of the newsletter you will be able to see unsubscribe.
- Click unsubscribe.
- But from next day you will be getting emails even after unsubscribing. It takes 7 days for some websites to remove totally.
Unsubscribe with tools.
unroll.me is a free online service that lets you easily unsubscribe from email newsletters and other bulk messages in Gmail. You, however, will have to grant complete access to your Gmail mailbox and to your Google Contacts for Unroll.me to automatically remove your email address from various mailing lists.
But unroll.me is silently scrapping your Gmail mailbox and selling that data to uber. Although the website looks promising, do not trust.
According to labnol.org
With the help of Google scripts, you can easily unsubscribe to newsletters.
The good part is that you don’t have to grant access to your Gmail account to any third party service.
- Click here to copy the Gmail Unsubscriber sheet to your Google Drive.
- Go to the Gmail menu in the Google Sheet (see screenshot above) and choose Configure. Allow the script to access to your Gmail account.
- In the inbox box, enter a name of your Gmail label (the default is Unsubscribe) and all emails marked with this label will be unsubscribed. Save your changes.
Add your Newsletters to the unsubscribe label as shown in the above screenshot which is created automatically from Google Sheets. After adding you will unsubscribe to those Newsletters within 10-15min.
Unsubscribe Newsletters in outlook.com
- You need to open Newsletter email and just click the “newsletter” to bring all newsletter emails to your inbox.
- Highlight the newsletter.
- Once you get all Newsletters to your left side of the window. Then select the newsletters which you need to unsubscribe. Here I had selected “Hulu” and move on to sweep drop-down menu and click on unsubscribe to get rid of unwanted newsletters.
- You’re successfully unsubscribed from the selected newsletters.
Like this post? Don’t forget to share!
Quote: It always seems impossible until its done